Saturday, November 21, 2009

This week my goal was to spend a little less time making and little more time on why i am making and what it is doing. I am getting there. But I still spend copious amounts of time piddling around in the print studio, so I am technically consciously managing my time differently, but I think I am spending more time everywhere. THIS IS GOOD, though. Just as long as I don't catch that H1N1, you know.


THIS PLATE HAS BEEN A HUGE PROBLEM CHILD:





this was my first plate this semester and I tried putting the environment/textures on the same plate as the image. SILLY GOOSE! I just keep loosing my image. so my goal was to figure out what to do with this little shit. I tried drypoint things, sharpie marker and alcohol painting and stop-out things and aquatint things and then I finally just protected the image and put the whole thing in the acid bath to open-bite it down a bit. then I did a rollover.

I like it right now, this print has a little bit of a rollermark issue, but I like the atmosphere that my frustration with the space built. so I think this is something that is going to continue to happen with this image.




THIS DOG IS VERY INEFFICIENT:

No comments: