Monday, November 30, 2009

these prints are little stories

first is progress:



other stuff:

My variation from print to print in a whole row was going to be tiny oil paintings. but I have changed my mind, I need something more objective.

I thought about using photographs in the windows. something that changes with time or changes to a rhythm. a documentation of uneeded extravagance that becomes vital to bringing interest to the entire composition.

I will do cultural habits related to the seduction of aesthetics or a belief system. different ones.

things like owning inedible pets& eating dessert & and various forms of decoration that have nothing to do with camouflage or intended awareness

I don't know if photographic images will look proper. if they don't, I will alter the photographs so they function well with only positive and negative and make screens with them. then I can screenprint the windows and the techniques will likely fit nicely together.

also my next plate absolutely has to be vertical, I think. I want a totem pole.

No comments: