Wednesday, October 21, 2009

change in thesis proposal: Pattern & Habit ON VACATION

So this is done. Or this part is done. I will make a better picture of it when I fix my camera thing.



BORING

These works are patterns built of patterns. The buildup of habits upon habits. Cultural habits as well as these habits that we, as humans, have developed as a survival mechanism.

I forget when I am entirely enveloped in my daily habits that they are even there. But if I am in my niche and my habits are disrupted, my entire day is usually destroyed. I know this reaction is more extreme than the reaction of a typical human being, but there is always a human desire to maintain a pattern.

When I am outside, I leave most of my habits. This weekend I ran off to buffalo for a second. I got lost and slept in a funny place, but my mind was the clearest it has been since august. I could actually articulate myself verbally, which is impossible when I am home, as I am so weighed down my by habit-schedule.

THESE THINGS I AM MAKING are patterns built out of patterns & imagery relaying cultural habit. They are saturated burdens & too much at once so there is no room for anything else.

THEY ARE HABITS.

So I need to take these habits, these hopefully universal habits, on vacation. These gods and moms would look better on a beach with some tiki lamps.------next is more work with collage & other printmaking techniques to incorporate color and an environment.

This is the beginning!



I can imagine the plate printed on kitikawa these linocut pine trees printed over it in a transparent ink. I will cut out the trees (and dudes) and collage them onto a larger image. a lithograph i haven't sketched out yet.

and it will repeat and repeat and repeat.
these friends will be on vacation in the pacific northwest.

oh and buffalo was wonderful & the meeting went well, I think. The city itself is beautiful, but wholly terrifying. In any case, it was nice to take what I am doing here somewhere else and have someone else look at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat methods[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known ways to build an income online.