Sunday, January 3, 2010

making things to fill the time between sandwiches




I wanted to try and have a new plate completed before I submit my portfolio to graduate schools. This guy is giving me trouble as I put the hard-ground on too thick in a rush and baked it for too long (so it flakes off as I am trying to scratch into it). I haven't had access to a studio, so I couldn't fix it and just decided to work with the flaking.

my first application is due on the 10th. hopefully I can manage a good print of this by then.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Emily,

How did this print turn out? I know the process is a big part of the work, but what information is passed on to the viewer about the process? I'm curious if that flaking ground will give the image a different reading. Keep posting images of the recent work but also make sure to write a little about the content as you see it. Also, what are you thinking for final presentation? It sounds like the large scrolls/wallpaper idea is out. Do you see these being framed?